Visit of AGRECOL Afrique in Senegal
In Autumn 2018, Agrecol e.V. and Agrecol–Afrique organized a joint meeting in Thiès, Senegal. We elaborated our common history (Agreco-Afrique is an offspring of Agrecol e.V.), strenghtend our mutual relationship and exchanged experiences regarding successes and challenges in promoting agro-ecological agriculture in drylands. Agrecol e.V. also got to know the work of Agrecol–Afrique (as part of prolinnova-network) in promoting local innovationprocesses of small holder farming and participatory approaches to research.
The plan of the meeting was:
- Monday Nov. 5th: Travel from Dakar to Thiès
- Tuesday to Wendesday Nov. 6th - 7th: Workshop in Centre Tostan, Thiès
- Thursday 8th: Exkursion to see Agrecol–Afrique activities
- Friday Nov. 9th: Visit of the farm and of projects of honorable member Almut Hahn near Thiès; Journey back to Dakar
- free time in Dakar – possibly guided tours.